The Darknessへようこそ!
Please login.
The Darknessへようこそ!
Please login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chronicle: The Frozen Throne

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
raziel

raziel

Blood Potency : 4593
Influence : 0

Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:41 pm

legolas drinks water again, now that he's not getting any more thirsty, from bob's canteen of water.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blood Potency : 4715
Influence : 1

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:12 pm

(bob's canteen? he died in the slime room and the lava destroyed all of his possesions. How exactly is legolas drinking from bob's canteen) (Edward roll Wits + Investigation - 3, and Wits + Occult + Prime - 3 and please label the two rolls. also remember that if you have 0 dice after the penalty is calculated then you may still roll a chance die however i will do this in secret so you are not whether or not you succeed on the roll. also haveing 0 dots in a skill imposes an unskilled penalty of -1 onto a roll involving that skill. *sigh* i should force you guys to read the core book so i don't have to explain all of these elementary things to you guys)
Back to top Go down
https://tankhedgehog.rpg-board.net
grahamsnumber

grahamsnumber

Blood Potency : 4623

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:50 pm

First roll, Wits + Investigation
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:50 pm

The member 'grahamsnumber' has done the following action : Dice roll

'10 sided Die' : 2
Back to top Go down
grahamsnumber

grahamsnumber

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:53 pm

Second roll: Wits + Occult + Prime - 3
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:53 pm

'10 sided Die' : 5
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:54 pm

You perform a cursory (5 minutes is all you can muster up) investigation of the room but you are unable to uncover anything new, as your burning thirst makes focusing any longer on this task irritating in the extreme.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:55 pm

You are also unable to sense any magic; your thirst is far too distracting what with the near impossibly tantalizing fountain behind you (which you can still hear)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Longer posts people. go check out this link if you need inspiration: http://calloftea.co.cc/forum/index.php?topic=621.0
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:03 am

while you investigate the room, legolas and the captain collapse onto the floor by the door, unable to support their own weight. They seem to be getting worse. Their bodies are traumatized with the same crippling thirst and their burns are really taking their toll. The captain and Legolas lay slouching against the wall. the don't even have the energy to speak to each other, and the certainly can't help in the investigation. (thats all there is to say about them. Grahamsnumber needs to show a little initiative here. he needs to think and be creative and roleplay instead of waiting for obvious solutions to be handed to him by the storyteller, me thinks. once again, go read this play-by-post: http://calloftea.co.cc/forum/index.php?topic=621.0 read as much of this game as you can. start with the prologues then go to chapter one and two. there is nothing better for your WoD then doing that)
Back to top Go down
grahamsnumber

grahamsnumber

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:06 am

I'm panicking, not knowing what to do. I'm not used to having to think on my feet. Being a young prince I haven't ever led men into battle before. I'm fiddling with the teleportation stone, coming closer and closer to using it as the situation worsens. As a prince, I've been used to getting everything I want, quickly. Now, faced with a situation in which I'm the only one who can do anything, I'm worried. I sit on the floor, thinking. The thought of my new powers as a mage give me some confidence, but I have to take a breath and steel myself.

I review the items I have. Obviously I'm going to have to understand what's in this room. The magically-powered fan and odd setup are a puzzle that probably holds the clue to escaping and finding Alfred. One way to find out something about the fan is to stop it. It could be dangerous, of course, but the fact that it's going tells me something will change if it stops.

I drag my two cohorts to the side of the room, as far as possible from the center. I take the shorter rope, and tie a lasso at the end. The idea is to loop the rope around a fan blade. If the loop doesn't catch exactly over a blade, the rope may still become tangled and stop the fan. I tell the barely-conscious Legolas and Captain to pray, and I hurl the rope up toward the fan.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:16 am

(excellent post! roll Dexterity + Athletics - 3)
Back to top Go down
grahamsnumber

grahamsnumber

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:14 am

Dexterity + athletics - 3 = -1
Back to top Go down
raziel

raziel

Blood Potency : 4593

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Captain: "I can't take it. This thirst is unbearable. I've fought many battles. I've experienced fear, cowardice, and great pain, but never have I been more afraid nor experienced such agony. I i desperately want to help you my lord, but I barely have the energy to speak. I feel ashamed as a soldier."

Legolas: "What kind of hideous, god-forsaken place is this? What kind of savage monster would build a place of such torment? Lord, I beg thee, release my soul. Death is what I desire. Take my life and relieve me of this torture."

(again, do I get to see these guys's char sheets? if not, I would still like to know their virtues and vices. It would help me out in role-playing. Also, please make "Trebuchet MS" the default font for it is a far better font than the current one)

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:06 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : i edited this to show how one might properly phrase the post. your welcome)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:18 pm

raziel wrote:

And also, please make Trebuchet MS to be the default font as it is the best default font to have)

(lol okay, i see what i can do about the font. i have not made official character sheets for the soldiers. im using generic soldier and ranger stats feel free to make a full fledged character sheet for them if you so desire. use a basic mortal template)
Back to top Go down
grahamsnumber

grahamsnumber

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:01 am

Okay, the rope is just not working. I need to try something else. I have a pipe. OK, I'm going to stick the pipe into the fan blades. First I'm going to use time magic to ask a question:

What will happen if I hold up the pipe to stop the fan from working?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:28 am

(okay, that's not how you cast Augury (which I assume is what your trying to do) but roll Gnosis + Time - 3. If you cast it as an extended action and use the book then roll Intelligence + Occult + Time - 3, with each roll taking 3 hours. To cast a spell, you form the Imagio of the spell on your head. You simply work the question you wish to ask into the Imagio in your head. An Imagio is basically just the image of the spell and it's pertenant effects, and how it works mystically. Again this is all in the Mage book)
Back to top Go down
grahamsnumber

grahamsnumber

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:09 am

(Yes, Augury). Rolling 1 die.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:09 am

'd10' : 2
Back to top Go down
grahamsnumber

grahamsnumber

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:13 am

The Augury doesn't work. I'm frustrated. I'm thinking of what else to do. I don't have enough manna to spend on backing up time... I need to do something though, and fast. My companions aren't doing well. I'm going to just go ahead and take the risk.

I grab the pipe, take a deep breath, and run towards the center of the room, launching the pipe up towards the fan with a loud yell.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:14 am

You focus your Awakened soul on pulling down the rules of Arcadia but your overwhelming thirst and the moans of your dying comrades keeps pulling you back to the Material world and you are unable to override the rules of physics and impose the rules of Arcadia long enough to get any sort of clear vision of the future. God, you are just so thirsty.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:15 am

(Roll Dexterity + Athletics - 3 to jab the pole)
Back to top Go down
grahamsnumber

grahamsnumber

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:43 am

(No roll. What's with all these -3's? They're annoying - ugh.)

I take a drink from my canteen. I kneel down and prop up the head of the Captain, and try to give him some water as well.

I'm not giving up on that fan, but it seems that doing some large physical action may not be the way to go until my comrades come around.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 3:03 am

{the minus three is from your overpowering thirst. the water has been literally magically sucked from your body. you are ridiculously thirsty. i slightly recall bringing this up more than once.... you should probably go back and read past threads. you might have missed details. For example:} When you attempt to drink from your canteen, you find that like both the Captain and Legolas, your canteen is also bone dry. {hehe i do love to yell at you peeps}
Back to top Go down
grahamsnumber

grahamsnumber

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:23 pm

I'm looking at the coffin. The thing is mysterious and intimidating. The air coming down from the fan is odd. I've thought that my only chance to understand it was to stop the fan. But there may be another way. The spheres at the corners may be more than decoration. I'm going to investigate them.

I walk over to the spheres on the west side of the coffin. I bring the staff with me. I stop next to the coffin, looking down at the strange black surface. Looking over at my comrades helplessly lying on the ground, I feel responsible for this terrible situation. We are only here because we need to rescue Alfred, my long-time trusted servant. Looking back at the spheres, I try to make myself ready for anything, but I realize I'm not. For the first time in my life, there's no one here to help me, no one I can just order to fix it.

I hold out the staff and touch it to the two spheres.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle: The Frozen Throne   Chronicle: The Frozen Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chronicle: The Frozen Throne
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next